Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - Full Time & Part Time
Faribault Apply For This Job
Seeking a Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner for Compcare Urgent Care to support multiple locations in Eagan, Cottage Grove, Faribault, and Lakeville Minnesota. The Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner is responsible for assessing, diagnosing and treating patients.
Open to Full Time and Part Time Schedules!
We offer employees competitive pay, benefits, and paid time off, along with opportunities for personal growth. We value our employees, invest time with comprehensive training, and want to give you the tools to be successful in your career. We offer an inviting work environment with modern workflows.
Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions of the Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner include, but are not limited to the following:
- Examine patients and their medical records
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests (blood tests, X-rays, etc)
- Diagnose health conditions and illness
- Establish treatment plans
- Prescribe medications including controlled substances if needed
- Maintain accurate records and schedules
- Inform patients about their health conditions and prescribed medications/treatment
- Educate patients and their family members on diseases, epidemics and prevention
- Manage work related injuries and illnesses
- Perform DOT physicals (certification required within 6 months of hire)
- Promote good health practices
Essential skills (will train)
- Initial interpretation with digital X-Rays
- Incisions and drainage
- Assistance with point of care testing
- Nail trephination
- Reducing minor fractures
- Eye foreign body evaluation with slit lamp
- Virtual care
Qualifications and Skills
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Clinical experience 1+ years
- Board certification and experience/ability to treat all ages
- An unrestricted DEA license (or ability to obtain prior to start)
- Must be CPR certified (or able to obtain prior to start)
- DOT certification (or ability to obtain within the first 90 days of employment)
- Experience in primary care or acute care
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work well with a team
- Owatonna, MN
- Faribault, MN
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Continuing Medical Education
- Full Time: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Part Time: Flexible
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to work inside a clean, well-lit, and well-ventilated medical facility. While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Compcare Urgent Care is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.