Seeking a Medical Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse for full-time position at Compcare Urgent Care in Lakeville, Minnesota. We offer employees competitive pay, benefits and paid time off along with opportunities for personal growth. Candidates must be a graduate of an accredited medical assistant or licensed practical nurse program with 1+ years’ experience. New graduates with a strong medical background will be considered. Urgent care, family medicine and/or occupational medicine preferred. We value our employees, invest time with comprehensive training, and want to give you the tools to be successful in your career. We offer an inviting work environment with modern workflows.
Responsibilities and Duties
Job requirements include, but are not limited to the following:
- Administers testing including: vitals, vision, hearing, respiratory fit testing, drug and alcohol testing, and other testing as needed
- Performs basic lab tests and prepares specimens, administers medication and injections, performs blood draws, splinting, application of dressings
- Performs skeletal and chest x-rays
- Performs daily exam room and stock inspection
- Assists attending medical provider during examinations and procedures
- Administrative duties such as scheduling patients, answering phones, maintaining patient charts
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal regulations pertaining to professional certification, patient confidentiality pursuant to HIPAA, treatment and safety guidelines
- Performs other front and back-office duties as assigned
- Completion of a Medical Assistant or LPN course from an accredited/recognized school
- Medical Assistant or LPN certificate consistent with requirements specified by the Medical Board of MN
- Limited Scope X-Ray Operator (optional - will train)
- Current BLS with AED certificates
- CAOHC and NIOSH certifications (not required upon hire)
- Clinical experience 1+ years
- Certified Medical Assistant or LPN: 1+ years
- X-Ray: 0-1+ years (optional, will train)
- Phlebotomy: 1 year
- All employees will have thorough training to ensure you feel comfortable in your work environment. Our goal is to have employees that love coming to work every day and have confidence with their responsibilities.
- Additional required certifications will be paid by the employer and help you stand out from your peers
- Employer paid CMA / LPN certification and recertification
- Every CMA and LPN position will be provided annual continuing medical education funding
- Competitive Pay
- Starting at $22 per hour base pay, experience dependent
Benefits (varies by position):
- Discounted urgent care services to family members
- Continuing education annual stipend
- Uniform stipend
- Equipment stipend
Opportunity to be a part of a tight-knit, supportive team for a growing private practice.
Compcare Urgent Care is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.